Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bleaching silicone toys?  (Read 3946 times)
Ciscotia Wolf

• You own Euro Ruff Stuff! You own a timber wolf!

• View current awards
    « on: January 08, 2010, 04:12:21 PM »

Is it safe to bleach silicone toys?  I soak mine in bleach water once a week (depending on use) for 10 - 15 minutes to sanitize them.  Have any of you had problems with bleaching them?  Does it affect their integrity and quality at all?

x_panther

• You own a Seal! You own a small torpedo!

• WWW View current awards
    « Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 06:37:59 PM »

shouldnt be any problem with bleaching them in like a 1:10 solution of bleach and water; and you really dont need to soak them, just rub over then rinse thoroughly. depending on how often you use them, since they are silicone, you can even boil them or put them in your dishwasher. if youre worried about the toys you can also use a food-grade sanitizer/bleach which will evaporate on its own.

all gel toys are porous so you wouldnt want to use a chlorine bleach on them (it will make them leach their elasticize faster) so 'sanitary wipes' or 'toy cleaners' are a better idea. Also because the gel toys are porous the bleach can change their color if you dont rinse them completely and dry them.

all in all, you can wash all your toys with simple anti-bacterial soap to get the same effect on both gel and silicone; and it might even be cheaper because you can get giant jugs of anti-bacterial hand soap for like 5$ a bucket. Smiley

Ciscotia Wolf

• You own Euro Ruff Stuff! You own a timber wolf!

• View current awards
    « Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 12:53:01 AM »

Thanks x_panther!  I knew about the boiling and dishwasher cleaning.... but I don't think I could get away with that in my current living situation!  Wink
    I guess I'll stick with my current operation:  anti-bacterial soap and the occasional bleaching.

johndeeregirl4u

my ZC collection

• Purchase a total of 10 toys across all transactions. Purchase a toy in Red

• WWW View current awards
    « Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 01:37:00 AM »

I use baby wipes to clean mine.. and clean with anti-bacterial soap as often as I can (living situation makes it difficult!)

Proud Owner Of
    Bear Essentionals, Grand Pup, Seal, Tentacle, Tiger, Mr PluggIt, The Teaser, Hyena, Kit Fox, Knotty Instructor, Euro Ruff Jr & Lucas the Pony
    [R.I.P Oskar Sad]

Pages: [1]
      Print  

Jump to: